- 1 cup of rice (recommend: long-grain white rice or basmati)
- 1 smashed garlic clove. (smash/cut in little pieces, small as you can)
- Chopped onion
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt (I usually put 1 to 2 tablespoons, depend on your taste)
- 1 cup of boiled water
- In a separate bowl, wash the rice until the water is less white.
- In a pot, put the olive oil, garlic and onion and cook it for about 2 minutes, depend on your oven, just don’t let it burn. (haha)
- Put the rice and let it fry for 30 seconds. ((keep your eye on it)
- Add the bay leaves and cook for more 30 seconds.
- Add the water and the salt.
- Put the pot lid on it with but don’t close it all, leave a small gap for the water to evaporate.
- Let it cook for about 15 – 20 minutes on medium temperature.
- After it cooks, let the pot lid on it for 15-20 minutes.
- Ready to serve!
–> If you need, put more water, keep your eye on it.
–> If you want a bigger portion, for every cup of rice add a cup of water.
–> The rice should be dry and not sticky.
–> To see if the rice is ready, it’s gonna form a lot of small holes on the surface.